Assistant Director of Communications
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is looking for a Communications professional to assist the Director of Communications on various projects. The Becket Fund is the premier religious liberty law firm based in Washington, D.C., that defends the religious freedom of people of all faiths.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Communications with daily communications’ operations
- The candidate will also be tasked with: the creation/launch of social media campaigns, various projects to assist the Director with the expansion of one-to-one relationships with senior reporters, bloggers and media professionals as well as various research and writing projects relevant to religious liberty.
- Coordinate high-level press queries
- Create and update content for the Becket Fund website
- Help prepare media documents and PR strategies
- Draft and copy edit articles and blog posts
- Help build the Becket Fund’s social media presence
- Assist in online marketing campaigns
- Perform ad-hoc research
- Research and update media lists
- Coordinate media interviews
- Assist with special projects
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a fast-paced Communications department.
- Previously developed and executed successful media strategies
- Organized and process driven, be website savvy with the ability to post and use WordPress with fluidity
- Excellent writing and communications skills, be able to work both independently and with a team of dedicated and creative professionals
- A fighting spirit
- BS/BA Required
- Law degree highly desirable but not required.
- Flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Team player with good organizational skills
- Experience in social media
- Graphic design experience (and with Adobe Creative Suite or similar programs)
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Emily Hardman at email@example.com.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is a non-profit law firm that defends religious freedom for people of all faiths. It has represented Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and Zoroastrians, among others, in lawsuits across the country and around the world. To learn more, visit www.becketfund.org, or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/becketfund.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.