Communications Assistant – Hourly Compensation
Reports to: Communications Director
Paid Hourly/Travel Stipend: $14 an hour/$60 monthly stipend.
Weekly Hours: 35-40 (flexible)
The Becket Fund is looking for a driven, hardworking individual who is passionate about religious liberty and seeking to gain professional experience in the field of communications and public relations. The communications assistant will be immersed in the day-to-day life of a non-profit and exposed to all aspects of communications, including messaging, strategy, social, digital, and high-level print media.
Along with a good sense of humor, here are the qualifications we are looking for:
- Commitment to The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty’s mission
- Ability to work effectively within a team, but also ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency and interest in the usual social media platforms
- A passion for telling a good story to as many people as humanly possible
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic proficiency in various adobe programs
Your projects may include but are not limited to:
- Write and update copy for the Becket Fund’s WordPress based website and blog
- Help build the Becket Fund’s social media presence
- Prepare press releases and media kits
- Research and maintain media contact lists
- Monitor and analyze daily media coverage
- Special projects assistance
Please send your resume, two references and cover letter to: Zachary Enos, Assistant Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is a non-profit law firm that defends religious freedom for people of all faiths. It has represented Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and Zoroastrians, among others, in lawsuits across the country and around the world. To learn more please visit www.becketfund.org, or visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/becketfund.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.