The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty seeks an attorney to join its team of legal counsel advocating for religious liberty for people of all faiths. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- One to three years of active litigation experience, preferably in federal court
- Excellent research, writing, and oral advocacy skills
- A federal or state appellate clerkship
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Elizabeth Dobak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Constitutional Law Fellow
The Becket Fund’s Constitutional Law Fellowship gives exceptional recent law clerks or law school graduates immediate, hands-on experience litigating cutting-edge constitutional cases. Under the mentorship of experienced Becket attorneys, fellows will participate in all aspects of trial and appellate litigation, gaining valuable experience in litigation strategy, research, writing, and oral advocacy. The fellowship is also an excellent stepping stone to a judicial clerkship, private practice, academia, or a permanent position with the Becket Fund.
Fellowship terms are for one year and offer a competitive salary and benefits. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, transcript, writing sample, and references to Elizabeth Dobak at email@example.com. Applications for fellowships starting in the summer of 2017 are accepted between August 1 and December 31. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews typically conducted in late fall or winter, and offers typically made by January 2017.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is seeking a creative individual as a part-time Production Assistant to assist our video production team in Washington DC. The Production Assistant will take an active role in telling the stories of our clients, and thus must support the cause of religious liberty, and hold a strongly favorable view of the role of religion in public life.
The Production Assistant will join a small team and have the opportunity to get involved in nearly every part of the production process, from writing scripts to filming and editing. The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with an interest in religious freedom and video production, experience in filming and editing, and a desire to grow their skills. They will have proficient knowledge of how to use video to interact in digital and social media channels. They must be capable of finding solutions to feedback or critiques. They will have a fun and creative attitude in the office, with a thirst to learn, create, and progress in their role on our team. Starting compensation is commensurate with experience. Candidates may expect to work 20-30 hours a week, with potential room for growth.
The responsibilities of the Production Assistant are as follows:
- Assist in the concept development, research, scriptwriting, filming, and editing of news packages, short documentaries, promotional videos, podcasts, and more.
- Translate legal principles of religious liberty into dramatic or humorous stories that a general audience can understand.
- Organize project files, media assets, and equipment.
- Assist in planning and carrying out content distribution.
- Camera assist and/or grip during film productions.
- Set up interviews, scout locations, and arrange schedules for film productions.
- Provide constructive feedback and creative input to enhance the quality of Becket’s video content.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Basic knowledge of DSLR filmmaking
- Advanced photography skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, is a big plus.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Jeff Gasser at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe why you are passionate about video production and religious freedom. In your resume, be sure to include links to a website, a reel, or examples of your work.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is a non-profit law firm that defends religious freedom for people of all faiths. It has represented Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and Zoroastrians, among others, in lawsuits across the country and around the world. To learn more please visit www.becketfund.org, or visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/becketfund.