Pope Makes Unscheduled Visit to the Little Sisters of the Poor
September 24, 2015
Media Contact: Melinda Skea, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-349-7224
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Last night Pope Francis made an unscheduled visit with the Little Sisters of the Poor.
The visit, according to Father Federico Lombardi, a papal spokesman, was a “sign of support for them” in their legal fight.
“The Holy Father spoke to each of us individually, from the youngest postulant to our centenarian, and then he spoke to all of us about the importance of our ministry to the elderly,” said Sister Constance Veit, Communications Director of the Little Sisters of the Poor. “We were deeply moved by his encouraging words.”
- Press Images (September 23, 2015)
- Media Kit for Little Sisters of the Poor (press releases, legal documents, images, and more)
- 10th Circuit Dissenting Opinion (September 3, 2015)
- 10th Circuit Order (July 14, 2015)
- HHS Information Central (all HHS cases, infographics, press releases, legal documents)